The EKMS (Electronic Key Management System) Support Specialist shall have experience and knowledge necessary to manage the day-to-day operation of a Navy EKMS account to include compliance supporting EKMS Visits and Inspections. The EKMS key personnel shall have experience in the design, deployment, and operation of COMSEC devices and the supporting key mat distribution and accounting mechanisms. * Active TS Security Clearance Required.
Must have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
• Performing EKMS Inspections using EKMS 3 series inspection manuals
• Performing EKMS oversight of Local Element Accounts to include ordering, receipt, and distribution of COMSEC keying material and equipment.
• Navy experience and/or expertise.
• Interacting and coordinating with NSA, NCMS, CMIO, CRF’s, Controlling Authorities, and Local Elements.
• Providing EKMS administrative support including material inventory, destruction reports, order placements and tracking.
• Performing equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, issuance and operational instruction for COMSEC hardware (e.g. STEs, SKLs, KG-175s, KG-84s, IRIDIUMs and KIV-7s).
• Conducting EKMS Spot Checks on Local Elements.
• Delivering recurring training on operation of MSC EKMS mechanisms.
• Maintaining all current and applicable EKMS Publications and Guidance.
• Conducting site visits and traveling to perform training, inspections, equipment maintenance, and re-supply of necessary COMSEC related material or items.
• Developing and maintaining Standard Operation Processes (SOPs) and EKMS specific training guides.
• Developing and maintaining multiple databases in support of EKMS processes and policy utilizing Microsoft products such as Excel, Access, and Project.
• Performing day to day management of multiple personnel in support of a program.
• Shall have experience in the controlling policy documents related to COMSEC management.
•Active TS Security Clearance
• Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in the design, deployment, and operation of COMSEC devices and the supporting key mat distribution and accounting mechanisms.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a valid passport.
Required Skills and Certifications:
• Experience with MS Sharepoint
Travel: Position Requires up to 75% CONUS and OCONUS travel
Clearance: Top Secret